Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ellie's Preschool Christmas Performance

With this being Ellie's first year of preschool it's brought a lot of first for our family,
one if which was her first preschool Christmas program

She's done some stuff like this at church and at iCON but this was fun since it 
was at her school.

She had been practicing her songs and poem at home for weeks beforehand.
She's super animated (as she has been from the time she was tiny)when she
sings and does all the motions.

It was so fun to go and watch and cheer her on!


One the left is Colton--he and his family have become good friends
and they live in our neighborhood!  We are so thankful for them!


Sweet Gracie was a sweet sister to cheer Ellie on...
I think she's getting the preschool bug herself, but she'll have 
to wait...even though Ellie's only gone to school 6 hrs a week, I'm not ready
for Gracie to go just yet!

This was the little birthday party for Jesus that
 they had back at in the classroom.

And this is Gracie's face because she wanted a cupcake too.
Working on her happy heart!

Ellie and Mrs. Neal.
We have been so unbelievably blessed by this teacher.
She is amazing with the kids, super structured and organized, 
and not only loves Jesus but incorporates Him and the gospel into everything
she does with them.  Her passion is more than that the kids learn their letters
and numbers--but that they learn who Jesus is.  
Ellie adores her and we are so thankful for her!!

Ellie and Mrs. Hannenburg--the assistant teacher and also so
kind, patient, and loving with the kids.
Ellie loves her so much too.

After all the prayer and debate about sending Ellie to preschool for the first time 
this year I can say now that we are halfway through I am so glad we 
heeded the word of the Lord to send her to Grace.  
It has been such a win for our family and especially for Ellie.

I pray for her on the way to school every day.  Ellie loves it and has come to expect it. 
(If I'm distracted as we head there she immediately reminds me that I need to pray for her!)
I pray for her mainly...but also for her teachers and the other kids in the class.
It's such a sweet time that I want to put into practice for as long as
I'm "driving my kids to school".  I believe the presence of God goes with her
as I leave her there each day...may it be the case for all her days.  

Rather than hard or painful, this preschool step for us as a family has been
smooth and sweet.  Thank you God.

No comments: