I'm delayed in posting this partially because life's been too crazy but partially because my heart's had to heal a little bit after the Rangers devastating World Series loss. I still don't really want to think about it...but it was a memory all the same. The rest of my family (my sister and her family, my brother, and my parents) were there but we did all we could to cheer them on from our living room.
Travis has always been a die hard Astros fan but since marrying into a Rangers family, he has loved them like his own as well! :)
I have followed them since I was really little. I have so many memories of watching games with my dad while he taught me the game of baseball, not to mention the pitching rotation, the batting order...there was a time in elementary school that I had it all memorized. It's a sweet memory with my daddy.
So in the midst of our crazy lives, we tried to take time out to watch our Rangers!
Homemade pizza and a picnic in the living room.
Then there was Game 6.
Trav is the kind of sports fan that likes to see every pitch, hear every comment, etc.
So I knew the kids and I we needed a project. Thankfully we had one...it lightened the mood (a little!) around
here in the midst of the devastating game!
Ellie helped me cut sugar cookies.
This is an amazing cut-out cookie recipe by the way...you don't even have to chill the dough.
It's the Sudan's recipe--I'll go ahead and post it here since the holidays are just around the corner!
Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 T whipping cream
2 T vanilla
1 teas almond extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teas baking powder
Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, whipping cream, vanilla, and almond all at once. (Mixture will probably curdle) Add dry ingredients. Roll out and cut out cookie dough. Bake for 8-15 min depending of thickness of the cookie. (Dough can be frozen)
Then we made baseball cookies!
2 comments:
my heart... it is melting inside of me...
i.love.your.family.
Hi Phillips! Long time. We just moved back to Texas in time to cheer the Rangers. It was a sweet All-American, welcome back to the country experience until game 6... our baby is still small so would just startle at Ian's shouts. Next year! Love to see how much your family has grown. Sarah Grace had the sweetest playful look in her pictures; reminds me of my middle sister!
Post a Comment