After having lived 10 years in New England and experiencing quintessential fall, Travis and I have come to love all things fall. Pumpkins, crisp, cool weather, apple picking, cider, mums, beautiful leaves and on and on.
So experiencing our first fall here in Arizona we've had a little twinge of homesickness. Not because we don't love it here...not because what we are experiencing is that different than what we grew up with in Texas in the fall, but because we got really used to the picture perfect fall in Boston.
I've been wanting to take the kids to a pumpkin patch to get some pictures for a while now and life has been so busy that we just haven't been able to do it until last Saturday.
We woke up to a cold day (cold meaning, in the 50's) and it took us forever to get out the door because I had to dig out the fall tubs of clothes for all three girls! Trav found a little place that was still open and we eventually got out the door.
It was perfect! There were no beautiful fall leaves, no apples to pick, and there were actually only four pumpkins left at the farm :( but it was everything we were wanting and the kids LOVED it. I was COLD standing out there! Fall has definitely come to AZ!
E helping move the pumpkins to one spot for a pic!
The best one we got...
There were TONS of things for the kids to do...perfect for their ages.
"train ride"
A fun fall day!
We experienced God's sweet blessing on our family this fall day in the desert.
More pics to come of Emmy...with the four pumpkins that were left! :)
We woke up to a cold day (cold meaning, in the 50's) and it took us forever to get out the door because I had to dig out the fall tubs of clothes for all three girls! Trav found a little place that was still open and we eventually got out the door.
It was perfect! There were no beautiful fall leaves, no apples to pick, and there were actually only four pumpkins left at the farm :( but it was everything we were wanting and the kids LOVED it. I was COLD standing out there! Fall has definitely come to AZ!
E helping move the pumpkins to one spot for a pic!
"train ride"
wagon ride...how we got around the farm
Bouncy House
Gracie wanted Ellie to go down with her for about the first 5 times
and then she was ok to do it by herself. I love their sweet friendship
that's forming more and more every day.
Capturing an "Ellie face" , coming off the bumpy slide
Her middle name continues to mark her life.
Brave Sarah Gracie
She won't pet a dog but she'll pet a goat??
Corn sandbox!
Pumping water...this was really fun...they loved it.
(behind is the pumpkin patch...empty of pumpkins.)
I think her duck maybe just made it to the other end!
Even something for Emmy!
Tractor ride...powered by Daddy
We experienced God's sweet blessing on our family this fall day in the desert.
More pics to come of Emmy...with the four pumpkins that were left! :)
2 comments:
I have but one thing to say..
Gracie's pigtails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The girls are the cutest little pumpkins in all of Arizona!!!
Post a Comment