Sunday, October 9, 2011

North Carolina Weekend

A recap of our quick little trip to North Carolina.

Trav's cousin, Adam was getting married.
We just took Emily.
It was so sweet to get time with just us and her. 
We loved it!  (and so did she I think)

We got to spend time with Jackie and Randy
and Bret and his fiance, Abby.

I actually didn't get near as many pictures as I wanted
because my camera battery died soon after we got there
and we had to go find a place to buy a charger
(since I forgot mine).

Emmy being entertained by her Poppy

I love this little face!!  She's looking at her Daddy.

The wedding was in Wilmington which is right on the coast
so yes, that's the ocean behind us!  A special treat!


A VERY common sight during the weekend.  Me holding Emily.
She was really wanting Mama the whole time...a new little phase for her.
Here's she's sound asleep at the reception.

Travis' aunt Patsy dancing with the groom (her son) and looking at her
husband as he comes to cut in and take her from his son.
Trav captured her sweet face!

Patsy giving a great exhortation to the newlyweds.

Gran!  (or GranBear as Ellie named him)
We also got to spend time with one set of Travis' grandparents.
Such a sweet thing that I inherited when I married Travis.
I adore all four of his grandparents.  Mine have all
passed away, so I love getting time with them.
They are so very dear to us.

The growing Phillips family.  Jackie, you are not outnumbered any more!

Bret and Abby.
So fun to get more time with them.   Wish they lived closer.
Abby and I got a little time to connect here and there...I'm really
excited she'll be a part of the family.

The "kids" with Ene and Gran.

It's crazy how calm things are when you just have one little one
around.  It really was a refreshing time for us. 
A bike ride to the beach (umm, I think you actually CAN forget how
to ride a bike...I was struggling!  Sad! 
But pretty funny, honestly),
a walk on the beach, just being with him.  It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

JOY! Your hair looks sooo beautiful. I mean, if I saw you at church, I'd want to go to Antioch Tempe! Shoot. And these pictures are sooo sweet of Emily. I love her! Oh my goodness.... Joy... Is this your secret ploy to get me to move to Tempe? It's working.