Like how tonight Gracie is sleeping with a puzzle piece.
(last night it was a book, sometimes it's a horse...)
And today Ellie brought me a one of my shoes that had broken and was sitting in the hallway.
She said, "Mom, look what I didn't do!"
Or how last night at Lifegroup I observed this: SG was playing with a purse and one of the
kids told her, "No, that's Ellie's purse"
and Ellie answered back for her saying, "No, it's her's too. If I have something, it's Gracie's
too. If she has something, it's mine too. We share all this."
Some people may think that's sad that she doesn't have stuff that's just hers.
But I love it.
May she always live like this.
(ps...this has been MONTHS in process. and we just might be finally starting to get there)
Or how Ellie came in to me during her "rest time" (the time of the day when her sisters
are sleeping and she's supposed to be reading books, coloring, working puzzles...
but Trav and I have decided that she must be extroverted seeing as how
she comes out every 10 min...we're working on it!).
But she came in and said,
"At Bible Study we sang that song you used to sing to me when I was little."
And she proceeded to sing all of "Tis So Sweet".
On to little Emily,
I really like to write a little bit about her each month and I'm behind
(no surprise) on this one since she's now 9 1/2 months. Oh well.
She gets more and more fun every day. I LOVE this stage.
She's so interactive and the most smiley little thing.
You set her on the ground and she doesn't "sit", she goes,
immediately.
She's not so much the type to "sit and play with toys"...
oh no, she'd rather go scavenge around the kitchen floor to find stuff to put in her mouth,
or go try and jump in with her sisters while they wrestle
(yes, they do wrestle, it's hilarious, I have to get it on video),
or go find something interesting to do
(like climb up onto the bouncy seat where baby Lydia Little sits...more on her later)
As one can imagine, bath time
She crawls all over the place (IN the bath tub!), splashes every one and every thing.
She is making herself known!
And she's about to give her sisters a run for their money I think!!
To say she is active would be an understatement!
Spunky would maybe be a more accurate word.
In terms of developmental milestones:
at 8 months she had 2 teeth
at 9 months, she has 6!
Yes, there were a couple of sleepless nights in there.
One in particular.
She went to bed with 2 teeth and woke up with 4. Literally.
(and she/we, were awake most of the night to welcome them in!)
She is standing up a lot, not by herself but holding on with one hand...
and usually waving with the other.
Her other favorite past time:
Waving.
And I have to say, it's the cutest wave I've ever seen!
She can hear Travis say, "ok, where's my backpack." And she'll start waving!
Or when I put her down for a nap sometimes, towards the end of Jesus Love Me...
she starts waving to me!
She is finally sitting in the high chair, graduated from the Bumbo.
She loves being in it and is a great eater.
You add so much life to our family!!
2 comments:
i love EMMY SOOOO MUCH!!!!!
hi joy :) i just spent a looong time updating myself on your life!! i remember just before we all left BU, you described the life you wanted & you know, your life sounds just like what you said!!! you guys have the cutest family & i don't remember you saying you wanted to live in a house with a pool, but it's just so perfectly YOU!
ps: looks like we'll be moving to waco in december! maybe we'll get to see each other!
pps: i SO got your post about your birthday - isn't a starbucks date (sans kids) such a wonderful treat? but then it IS so much more that we want/need. i'm so glad you got to feel how loved you are this year :)
Post a Comment