Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just everyday life...

I usually blog (when I blog!) about "events" that happen in our lives.

But today...I just want to throw in a few pics of just normal day to day life...
I so often take it for granted but every moment is a moment--or a memory. 
Some I would like to forget, but even those will be priceless to me in the future.

We've had Daddy around a little more in the evenings lately as he's leading one less Lifegroup
(just two instead of three!) and we are LOVING it.

This could just be a post about what an amazing Daddy my girls have, because he makes everything a memory--he makes everything fun, or meaningful...at least memorable!

Like the other night when I was busy getting ready for Lauren's shower and people were over and the house was a little crazy...he loaded up all three girls, took them to Walgreens and let them pick out a nail polish color.

Then they came home and while the girls ate dinner, Daddy got ready for the "spa".

So funny. 
(and if you're wondering if Trav has taken a new liking to wine, 
that's white grape juice!)

Sorry these pics aren't great...they were the grab my phone
I don't want to miss this moment kind of pics!

Then after baths...they had all their nails painted by Daddy!
(The blue balloon is proof that showering decorating was going on!)
Left to right--
Ellie, Emmy, Gracie


 It's been funny because people will say to them, "you're nails looks so pretty!  Did Mommy paint them?" and of course they say, "No, Daddy!"  People are pretty shocked!

And another sweet daddy moment with his youngest...




She's feisty but she loves well! :)

A few other random moments...
this was a trip to Target on a family fun night to let the girls use their $5 gift cards
from Mimi (oops...we forgot to use them earlier!).
And then we were on to Baskin Robbins to use another gift card that the girls got from friends
on their birthdays!
(we may or may not have cleaned out a drawer and found a few gift card treasures!)

And another favorite event of mine and the girls that happens regularly...
our trip to Mr. Daniel's Chick-fil-a!
We have good friends at church who own a Chick-fil-a and they let us
come and invade their store quite often!
It works out perfectly...the kids play, Morgan and I get to talk...and then Mr. Daniel
lets them serve their own ice cream! (and--Mommy gets a cookie on the way out!)
We love these days! :)

Mrs. Morgan and baby Olivia...all three of the girls insisted on pushing the stroller
(fortunately Olivia wasn't in it!)
They are getting some good practice!

Lastly--Ellie is playing soccer again this winter and she had her first practice
on Thursday.  She wasn't feeling great but was super excited about it anyway.

This pic was for my sake--her hair is FINALLY thickening up...
such a cutie!


Love...

The days go by too quickly...
so here's to trying to soak up every moment
and make memories along the way!





No comments: