Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting Settled In...

So there's tons of pictures I want to post but first, this.  I don't really have much of an adventurous spirit, typically.  I'm not afraid of heights, or roller coasters or anything like that, but when it comes to picking up and leaving all my family and friends and moving to a totally new place, it's usually not really my thing.  I've done it once before, when I moved to Boston.  And actually, I loved it.  My first few years living there were some of the hardest but sweetest times of my entire life.  So when we felt God call us here to Arizona, I had no idea what it would be like.  So after three weeks of being here I can say that moving is again, so hard and yet so sweet.  Here's been my favorite things about it so far:

1) my kids are becoming best friends. 
(i had a friend tell me before we moved that my kids being so close in age will actually be great for this transition.  she said, they won't have a lot of friends at first, but they'll have each other.  and it's been so true.  my favorite is when they're in a new place and they immediately draw towards each other.  i love it.)

These things are a mess but they created hours of fun during the unpacking!

Why not one more book in the garage before bed??

All they need is a box...

You can take the girls out of Boston but you can't take Boston out of the girls!

Watching the washer and dryer delivery.
2) travis is with me
we've lived in boston since we got married and had a very full, busy life.  these early arizona days look quite different.  but i'm loving it.  he's my closest friend on earth and i'm getting to live life with him like never before.

Celebrating his birthday in the midst of moving.

Whoa, somebody's getting old!
3) god's sweet faithfulness to me
he hears my cry and answers me.  he is so creatively meeting my every need.  he is so near.

Ok...here's what's been happening on Riviera Street!

What E's been up to...
Ellie's first friend...another Ellie!

Her first night in our new house!!
 One day, I think it was when we were driving out here, Ellie said, "is my guitar in the ipod??"  It took Trav and I forever to figure out what she was talking about.  The POD...she meant the POD (our container where all our stuff was being stored!)
And she found it!

During "rest time", she picked out "outfits for Daddy for every day.  Complete with shoes and underwear.  Fun, but a chore to clean up. 

SG's recent favorite, cleaning...
Starting with Grandmommie's help...

Checking out the job.

Just getting started.

Needed a better angle, I think.

Can't you see I'm working here??

And Baby Emily...


Sleeping.

And starting to sing!!  Of course being taught by Aunt Sandra!





And thank you to our visitors who literally worked tirelessly to help us get settled in.

Papa and Grandmommie...my pantry is stocked, my freezer is full, my clothes are hung, my windows are clean, and on and on!

The Grants...they were in Phx on vacation and visiting another friend but they came over and folded clothes, loaded and unloaded furniture...and encouraged our hearts with their words and prayers!

Sandra!!  She and Ellie getting ready to work!  And boy, did she work!!

I have many a pics like this from Sandra and I apple picking in Boston.  Now we're picking oranges in our backyard!

We've never laughed so hard (or been so organized!!).  Thank you, Sandra!


And Mimi!  Hope she's resting at home now because she was up til after 1 every night she was here.   Guess that's when our creative juices flowed best??  (and certain littles ones were sleeping!)  Thanks for all your help in decorating!  We love it!




Wow!  It's been a whirlwind.  But those are the highlights!


Ok...one more pic.



E set the chairs up for lunch today.  (i think we need to get some outside chairs for the girls.)










3 comments:

Alyssa Tocci said...

single tear... God, when are you going to send me to Tempe?

Anonymous said...

Joy, I love all the pictures and the update on what is going on in Arizona! We miss you, love you, and hope to see you soon! Libby

Amy Marable said...

Joy,
I'm so glad you are getting settled in and I love that God is meeting every need. He is so good. I love that the girls have been so close. What a blessing. I know you are excited for Christy to be there!
love you friend!